Naples Attractions and Tourism: When in Naples Information
Naples is an extremely historic city in Italy IT, with a particularly high concentration of top attractions. Home to a vast selection of Naples tourism attractions for all the family, including ancient Naples landmarks and monuments, historic Italian ruins and history, and attractive landscaped gardens and parks, there are also many popular excursions to many towns and cities nearby Naples in Italy IT.
Naples also contains a large shopping centre, where you will find a wealth of high-street favourites, next to many excellent Naples restaurants and street cafés.
Naples Attractions and Tourism: Major Places of Interest
Some of the most popular places to go and things to do in Naples include the following Naples landmarks and monuments.
Most of the main attractions in Naples are open daily. Admission at the Naples tourism attractions is often free, or fairly inexpensive.
- Cappella di Santa Restituta (Santa Restituta Chapel)
- Chiesa San Domenico Maggiore (Sansevero Chapel)
- Duomo di San Gennaro (San Gennaro Cathedral)
- Gardens of Augustus
- Gardens of Poseidon
- Gesù Nuovo Church
- Grandoni Di Chiaia
- I Girolamini Church
- Napoli Sotterranea (Underground Naples)
- Orto Botanico (Botanical Gardens)
- Palazzo Gravina (Gravina Palace)
- Palazzo Monte di Pietà (Monte di Pietà Palace)
- Palazzo Reale (Reale Palace)
- Palazzo Serra di Cassano (Serra di Cassano Palace)
- Piazza Matteotti (Matteotti Square)
- Pio Monte Della Misericordia Church
- San Francesco di Paola
- San Giovanni a Carbonara Church
- San Giuseppe dei Ruffi Church
- San Gregorio Armeno Church
- Santa Chiara Church
- Teatro San Carlo (San Carlo Theatre)
- Villa Communale Gardens
Naples Attractions and Tourism: Popular Excursions from Naples
Popular excursions close to Naples include short trips to Catacombe di San Gennaro, Mount Vesuvius, Pompeii, Pozzuoli and the Phlegraean Fields and the Solfatara Crater with its bubbling mud pits, all of which are within easy reach of central Naples. Hiring a car is a convenient way to travel outside of Naples, although other transport options in Naples include trains (Passante Ferroviario), an underground train network, buses, trams, taxis, boats, ferries and Naples hydrofoils.
Book your Naples Car Rental here - excellent rates available, up to 65% discount.
Naples (NAP) Airports Information Guides